CLM for Administrators » Contracts Menu » Contract Types » Create New Contract Type » Workflow Tab » Action Name
PREVIOUS | NEXT
Workflow Action Name displays as a button in the contract editor. Common workflow action names include Submit for Review, Approve Contract, Reject Contract, Sign Contract, and Send to Customer for Signature. When the user executes the action, CLM routes the contract to the next assignee for the next step in the process. You can configure a workflow to allow users to reassign a contract to another user, void a contract, or resend a contract.
Click Action Name to expand the panel and enter the form fields:
- Action name: Enter a name for the action. Examples: Send to Manager for Review, Send to Legal for Review, or Send to Customer for Signature. The action name is available as a clickable button on the contract editor.
- Action type: Select a predefined action type, if desired. See topic on Action Type for more details.
- PublicLink: Use this action type when the contract must be sent to a customer with a link to the CLM portal.
- DocuSignSingleSign: Use this action type when the contract must be signed by a single user using DocuSign.
- DocuSignMultipleSign: Use this action type when the contract must be signed by multiple users using DocuSign.
- AdobeSignMultipleSign: Use this action type when the contract must be signed by multiple users using AdobeSign.
- ParallelApproval: Use this action type when the contract must be approved by multiple people within the organization.
- Status Change: Use this action type when the contract must change status after the workflow action is executed.
- Start status: Select the start status of the action. This is displayed in the negotiation space.
- End status: Select the end status of the action. A workflow action is complete when the contract has moved from the start status to the end status.
- Sign Decline Status: Specify the end status of the contract if signer(s) do not sign the contract. This applies to DocuSign and AdobeSign, whichever is configured for use.
- Mail Template: Select the email template which contains predefined text that addresses the assignee. When the action is performed, the email screen opens in the contract editor with the predefined message addressed to the assignee.
- After Action Script: Select the script that will execute after the action is performed. CLM lists all After Action custom scripts that are defined in Other > Scripts.
- Before Action Script: Select the script that will execute before the action is performed. CLM lists all Before Action custom scripts that are defined in Other > Scripts.
- Send Notification:
- Select Yes to notify users when an email is sent. CLM displays a notification on the recipient's dashboard.
- Select No if users need not be notified.
- Quick Action:
- Select Yes to display the workflow action on the dashboard, and select the icon to display on the action button. Users can then execute the action from the dashboard without opening the contract editor. The action is also available in the contract editor.
- Select No to display the action only in the contract editor.
- Custom Message: Enter a message if desired. This message is displayed on the dashboard to users after the action is executed.
- Note Type:
- Select Mandatory if the user must enter a note in the pop-up window after clicking the action button.
- Select Optional if the note is optional.
Note: The After-Action option can be configured to automatically send data fields from CLM to CPQ or other systems after the Parallel Approval or MultiSign action is executed.