CLM for Administrators » Contracts Menu » Clauses » Create New Clause
PREVIOUS | NEXT
Create New Clause
All clauses are pre-approved by your organization and are available to users based on permissions. Users can access clauses for the contract types to which they have access.
A Clause must belong to a Clause Category. If a Clause Category does not exist for the Clause you want to create, Create New Clause Category.
To add a new clause:
- Click Contracts > Clause, and click Add New. You can specify the clause category and text in the General tab and define other settings, including access permissions and rating in the Details tab.
- In the General tab:
- Enter a Name for the clause.
- Select the appropriate Clause Category for the clause.
- Enter the clause text in the clause editor. The clause editor provides various options to create and format the clause content.
- In the Details tab:
- Select Risk Rating. The Risk Rating is a ranking from 1-5. 1 indicates lowest risk and 5 indicates the highest risk. This data will be used in the future, amongst other data to provide analytics and AI feedback to administrators and legal users.
- Select the Permission Groups that can access the clause. Only users who belong to the selected permission group can insert the clause in the contract.
- Click Save to save your changes and click Cancel to exit.
Note: By default, when a new clause is added, all Permission Groups are assigned access. To prevent access, you must remove the Permission Groups in Details tab.