CLM for Administrators » Contracts Menu » Contract Types » Create New Contract Type » Workflow Tab » Assignment Rules
Workflow enables you to assign the contract to specific users based on the approval process followed in your organization. You can select the user or role to assign the contract once the workflow action is performed.
Click Assignment Rules to expand the panel, and select from predefined assignees, or select new assignees.
- Contact: Assigns the contract to the customer for approval.
- Owner: Assigns the contract to the initiator.
- Owner's Manager: Assigns the contract to the initiator's manager. When a reporting hierarchy is followed for approval, CLM routes the contract to the specified reporting manager. See Reporting Hierarchy for more details.
- Current Assignee: Assigns the contract to the current assignee itself.
- Current Assignee's Manager: Assigns the contract to the current assignee's manager. When a reporting hierarchy is followed for approval, CLM routes the contract to the specified reporting manager. See Reporting Hierarchy for more details.
- Person Who Belongs to an Assignment Role: Select the assignee(s) from Available Assignment Roles list. From the Selected Assignment Roles list, remove selection if required.
All members selected in Person who belongs to an Assignment Role receive a request to review and approve the contract. Members receive an email with a link to the dashboard notification and they can then choose to self-assign the contract by clicking on the Assign to Me option in the negotiation space. The status of the contract displays Pending on the dashboard until a member self-assigns the contract.
- Individual User: Select this option to assign the workflow step to an individual user, instead of a role, and specify the email address of the individual user. Additionally, an option to change this individual user is provided. If you want to allow the assignee to change the individual user while editing the contract, before sending it out for approval, select the Can this user be changed on specific contracts? option.