CLM for End Users » New Contract » Using the Negotiation Space » Check-out / Check-in
PREVIOUS | NEXT
Check-out / Check-in
The Check-out feature enables you to check out a contract from CLM allowing you to edit the contract offline, using Microsoft Word ® (MS Word). When a contract is checked out, CLM locks the contract and the negotiation space. It prevents other users from updating the contract, checking out the contract, or making any other changes to related settings.
When you check the contract back into CLM, the contract and the negotiation space is automatically unlocked.
You can also use the Checkin feature to upload a contract that is updated and sent to you by someone else, for example, a customer.
To checkout a contract:
- On the Dashboard, click Edit next to the contract that needs to be checked out.
- In the negotiation space, click Check-Out on the top right toolbar. The contract downloads in MS Word format.
To check the contract back into CLM, do one of the following:
- On the Dashboard, click Edit next to the contract that needs to be checked in.
- In the negotiation space, click Check-In on the top right toolbar.
- In the Upload Document window, click Choose File to check in the contract.
Note: You can Checkout or Checkin a contract only if you have the required permissions. Contact your CLM administrator for more information.