PREVIOUS | NEXT
CLM enables you to create custom fields to capture specific information about contracts and customers based on the requirements of your organization. You can define field level permissions for custom fields and also specify translation settings for the field. Scope and usage:
- Custom fields can be mapped to external applications such as CPQ, Salesforce, C4C, and others to exchange data.
- Custom fields are inserted as placeholders in the contract type template to capture specific data, such as $age, $customer_name, $start_date and so on. CLM automatically displays the actual values (if available) in the Negotiation Space.
- Custom fields display in the Negotiation Space > Details section. Users who have appropriate permissions can update the values of the field.
A field must belong to a Field Category
. If a Field Category
does not exist for the Field
you want to create, Create New Field Category.
To access the Fields workspace, click Fields > Custom Fields and then select:
- Contract Fields
- Customer Fields
- Contact Fields
You can perform these actions on the page:
- Search: Enter a search key in the Search field to search for a supplement category. CLM displays results matching your search key.
- Add New: Click Add New to add a new field. See Create New Field for details.
- Edit: Click Edit to edit a field.
- Delete: Click Delete to delete a field. You cannot delete a field if it is being used.
- Export Fields: Click Export Fields to export the field data into an excel sheet.
Add New Field
To create a new custom field:
- Click Setup > Custom Fields.
- Select the type of custom field you want to create. Select Contract Fields, Customer Fields, or Contact Fields, and then click select Add New. Depending on the type of custom field, appropriate settings are displayed.
- In the General tab, enter the following form fields:
- Name: Name of the custom field.
- Label: Display label of the field.
- Field Category: Select the field category the field belongs to.
- Auditable: Specify if the custom field is Auditable. If Yes is selected, changes made to this field are recorded in the Contract Editor > History .
- Deprecated: If Yes is selected, this field will not be shown in Contract Editor > Details for new contracts.
- Sensitive Personal Data: Specify if the field is sensitive personal data. This field is only available to users with DPO Role.
- Field Type: Enter the default value for the field types.
- TEXT: Default value can be anything.
- NUMBER: Default value can only be a Number. Enter possible Minimum and Maximum values.
- DATETIME: Select the default value from the Calendar.
- DATE: Select the default value from the Calendar.
- CURRENCY: Enter default number.
- URL: Enter default URL.
- CHECKBOX: Default value can only be True
- SELECT: Enter the options of the Select field in Value. Enter applicable validator in Weight. To set a default option, select the checkbox next to the option. Click Delete to remove the option.
- QUERY: Enter the query to load the exact content.
- USERLOOKUP: Default value can be ID of user from the system
- TEXTAREA: Default value can be anything.
- MULTISELECT: Enter the options of the Multiselect field in Value. Enter applicable validator in Weight. To set a default option, select the checkbox next to the option. Click Delete to remove the option.
- SELECT_TYPEAHEAD: Enter auto complete options separated by a semicolon. The default value can be one of the options.
- Tooltip: Tooltips explain the use and function of the custom field to users. Enter an appropriate tooltip to display in the custom field.
- In the Field Security tab, click on each Permission Group and specify the type of access the users of the permission group have to the custom field. You can also click on the contract type and set up the field access for all the permission groups at once.
- Hidden: Fields will not be visible to users.
- ReadOnly: Fields appear as read only.
- Write: Users have edit access to the fields.
- Required: User input is required. Mandatory field.
- In the Field Translation tab, select the language the custom field should be translated in and enter the field value.
- Click Setup >Contracts>Contract Type. Select the Contract type to which you want to add the new custom field.
- Click Field Categories and select the new field. The new custom field is now associated with the contract type. The field will display in Contract Editor > Details and will also be available for mapping in CPQ and other external applications if applicable.
Data Protection Officer (DPO) Role
To comply with Data Protection and Privacy requirements, an option to mark data as Personal Sensitive Data is provided to users with DPO Role. The data protection settings and user audit logs are only available to users who are assigned the Data Protection Officer (DPO) role. Only the DPO role can access Personally Identifiable Information (PII). PII data can be used to uniquely identify individuals and is thereby sensitive/protected data.
Only users with DPO role can:
Mark data as Personal Sensitive Data in Fields > Custom Fields
Export, update, or delete Personal Sensitive Data.
View customer and contact logs in Audit Trail. Changes made to fields marked as Personal Sensitive Data are tracked in Audit Trail.
- Export sensitive customer and contact data to a spreadsheet using the Export option available on the Customer and Contact page.
Filter contracts containing sensitive personal data and Export the results from the Dashboard
Note: Contact CLM Support to assign the DPO role to a selected user. If the user is assigned a DPO role, then the user also inherits the Administrator role.