CLM for Administrators » Fields Menu » Field Category
PREVIOUS | NEXT
A Field Category is a group of related custom fields. For Example, Contract Information field category can have contract start date, end date and renewal date as custom fields. Field Categories allow you to organize and manage all your custom fields.
Click Fields > Field Category to view a list of existing field categories. You can perform these actions on this page:
- Search: Enter a search key in the Search field to search for a field category. CLM displays results matching your search key.
- Create: Click Create to add a new field category. See Create New Field Category for details.
- Edit: Click Edit to edit a field category.
- Delete: Click Delete to delete a field category. You cannot delete a field category if it has fields.
Add New Field Category
You can add Field Categories and then add fields to the corresponding field category to organize all your fields.
To add a new field category:
- Click Fields> Field Categories, and click Create.
- Enter a Name for the Field Category. For Example, Contract Information
- List of Fields displays the fields that are added to the field category if any. Click on a field to update.
- Click Translate to update translation settings. You can specify the language in which the field label should be translated in.