CLM for Administrators » Users Menu » Permission Groups » Create New Permission Group » Permission Group, Field Security Tab
PREVIOUS | NEXT
Permission Group, Field Security Tab
Permissions in the Field Security tab determine which fields of a certain contract type are available to the users of this permission group. You can also define the type of operations the users of this permission group can perform on those fields.
This feature enables you to define field level access to important data. You can allow the user to edit only specific fields, specify if user input is mandatory for certain fields, and determine if the field must be available as read-only or hidden.
To define field level access for a contract type:
- From the Select Contract Type drop-down, select the contract type for which you want to define permissions. CLM displays all custom fields defined for the contract type.
- Hidden: Displays fields that are not visible to the user.
- ReadOnly: Displays fields to which the user has read only access.
- Write: Displays fields to which the user has edit access.
- Required: Displays fields that require user's input.
- To change settings, drag and drop fields to the desired box: Hidden, Read Only, Write, or Required.