CLM for Administrators » Contracts Menu » Contract Types » Create New Contract Type » General Tab
PREVIOUS | NEXT
In the General tab, you can upload pre-approved templates for each contract type, create new templates, and also set up scripts that must be executed when certain operations are performed on contracts of this contract type.
To get started:
- Click Contracts > Contract Types on the side panel, and click Add New.
- Enter a Name for the new contract type. For example, Master Service Agreement or Statement of Work.
- Enter a Code for the contract type. Each contract type's name and code is a unique combination.
- Select the Initial Status for the contract type. This will be the first status of the contract. The contract displays this status on the contract editor till it progresses to the next status.
- Select the Initial Copy status for the contract type. This will be the first status when the contract is copied. Users can copy a contract to use as a starting point to create a new contract or to renew a contract.
- Select Self-Serve type if the contract type is non-negotiable, such as a Non-Disclosure Agreement. This field is visible only if configured for your organization. You cannot edit the workflow for a Self Serve Contract type.
- Click Self-Serve Contract Types list to view a list of existing Self Serve contract types.
- From the Script For Form Change drop-down, select the script that must be executed when there is a change in Negotiation Space > Details. You can also use this script type to trigger changes on Contract Details.
- From the Script For Contract Relations drop-down, select the script that must be executed after a relation between more than one contract is created.
- From the Script After Contract Creation drop-down, select the script that must be executed after a contract is created.
- Upload or create template:
- To upload a template, click Browse or drag and drop a MS Word template file. The name of the template file is displayed on the page. You can use the tags $CONTRACT_TEMPLATE_UPDATED_BY and $CONTRACT_TEMPLATE_UPDATED_ON to include the user name and timestamp when uploading a template. These values (who uploaded the template and when) are visible to the users in the Negotiation Space.
- To create a new template, click Create New. You can proceed with creating the template from scratch or copy the content and styles from an existing template. To copy the content and styles from an existing template, click Copy from another Template and select the template.
- See Contract Type Template Editor for more details.
- Click Download to download the template. This option is available for existing templates.
- Enter a Tooltip for the Contract Type to provide additional information about the template to CLM users, ensuring they understand when and how to use the template.
- Use new editor for newly created contracts is selected by default. Users can no longer create contracts using the old editor, however, contracts previously created in the old editor can be migrated.
- Click Save or click Save and Configure to configure the Contract Type.
Note: The template editor provides rich MS Word-like features to edit and format documents. You can also add contract specific information, such as contract Fields, Supplements, and Clauses to the template. See Contract Type Template Editor for more details.