PREVIOUS | NEXT
Importing Clauses, Fields, Customers, Contacts, Users
The steps involved to import Clauses, Fields, Customers, Contacts, and Users into CLM are the same. The content of the excel file varies for each entity.
To import data for Clauses, Fields, Customer, Contacts, or Users:
- Click Setup > Other > Bulk Import/Export .
- Click Import.
- Click Import next to the entity you want to import. Example: Customers.
- Click Choose File and locate the . xls file which contains the data you want to import into CLM.
For example, select the file that contains data to import Customers into CLM.
- Click Upload.
CLM populates corresponding data from the excel file and displays fields derived from the excel file in the Fields from Excel section. The Map to Customers section displays fields derived from the import configuration for contracts.
- Click Auto relate fields. The Map from Excel section displays automatically mapped fields which follow the same naming convention as the fields in Map to Customers. The first field in Map from Excel is mapped to the first field in Map to Customers. Similarly, other fields are mapped in the corresponding order.
- Optionally, you can save the mapping configuration to use the configuration for further imports of same or other contract types
- To save a mapping configuration, click Save mapping configuration and enter a name for the configuration.
- To access saved configurations, click Load mapping configuration.
- For In case of error during import, select:
Save Successful: Select this option to save the entities that are imported successfully in case an error occurs during import. On completion, you will receive a .zip file with the following files:
- success Excel file which contains the names of all the successfully imported entities.
- error Excel file which flags names of all entities that failed during import.
Don’t save anything: Select this option if you do not want to save any entity in case an error occurs during import. You will receive an error message with details about the row number in the excel file where the error occurred.
- Click Import. On completion, an output folder is downloaded on your computer. The folder contains files with appropriate success and error messages. Make sure pop-ups are allowed on your browser to allow the download.
Note: Column and field names in the excel sheet must be same as the field names derived from the import configuration.