PREVIOUS | NEXT
Importing Contracts with Attachments and Documents
CLM allows you to import contracts with attachments and documents at the same time, using the same excel sheet.
When contracts are imported with documents, the document imported in the .zip file becomes the default template for that contract in CLM. You can import only one document per contract.
When contracts are imported with attachments, all attachments are listed under Details > Attachments in the CLM User Interface.
To import contracts with documents:
- Click Setup > Other > Bulk Import/Export.
- Click Import.
- Click Import next to Contracts with attachments and documents.
- Click Choose File and locate the .xls file that contains the data you want to import into CLM. Click Upload.
- From the Select Contract Type drop-down, select the contract type for which you want to import documents or attachments. You must import contracts of the selected contract type only.
CLM populates corresponding data from the excel file and displays fields derived from the excel file in the Fields from Excel section.
The Map to Contract section displays fields derived from the import configuration for contracts and fields configured for the selected contract type in step 5.
- Click Auto relate fields. The Map from Excel section displays automatically mapped fields which follow the same naming convention as the fields in Map to Contract. The first field in Map from Excel is mapped to the first field in Map to Contract. Similarly, other fields are mapped in the corresponding order.
- Optionally, you can save the mapping configuration to use the configuration for further imports of same or other contract types
- To save a mapping configuration, click Save mapping configuration and enter a name for the configuration.
- To access saved configurations, click Load mapping configuration.
- For In case of error during import, select:
- Save Successful: Select this option to save the entities that are imported successfully in case an error occurs during import. On completion, you will receive a .zip file with the following files:
- success Excel file which contains the names of all the successfully imported entities.
- error Excel file which flags names of all entities that failed during import.
- Don’t save anything: Select this option if you do not want to save any entity in case an error occurs during import. You will receive an error message with details about the row number in the excel file where the error occurred.
- Click Choose File and locate the .zip file that contains the documents/attachments that need to be imported. The .zip file must only contain documents/attachments. The .zip file must not contain nested folders.
Select Use default template (Template from selected Contract Type) to import contracts using the default template that is already configured in CLM. For example, if you upload SOW contracts and select Contract Type as Statement of Work, the SOW contracts will be mapped to the contract type template SOW. When this option is checked, the Upload Documents (.zip) option is disabled.
- Click Import. Uploaded contracts contain the template from the column FilePathDocuments and attachments from the column FilePathAttachments.
On completion, an output folder is downloaded on your computer. The folder contains files with appropriate success and error messages. Make sure pop-ups are allowed on your browser in order to allow the download.
Note: Column and field names in the excel sheet must be same as the field names derived from the import configuration.
For each upload, the following must be present in the excel sheet:
- Name the column which represents the ID of the entity as Id
- FilePathAttachments (name of the attachments)
- FilePathDocuments (name of the documents)
An example of the excel file is shown below: