PREVIOUS | NEXT
CLM enables you to define an approval workflow for each contract type and then reuse the workflow if required, by copying it into other contract types. To define a workflow, you must add a contract type, create workflow actions, specify the start and end status for the actions, and authorize users to perform the actions. You can choose from predefined action types, create a quick action
, and also configure an auto action
to send data to external applications such as CPQ, C4C, NetSuite, or Salesforce.
To configure a workflow for a contract type:
- Click Contracts > Contract Types in the side panel. Click the edit icon to update an existing contract, or click Add New to configure a workflow for a new contract type.
- Click the Workflow tab:
- Click Add Workflow Action to configure a new workflow.
- Click Edit to update an existing workflow.
- Click Copy Workflow to copy the workflow from the current contract type to other contract types.
- Click Graph View or Table View to toggle between the views. The views provide a quick snapshot of the entire workflow.
- Provide information in these panels which display based on the Action Type you select: