CLM for Administrators » Contracts Menu » Status
PREVIOUS | NEXT
The status of a contract represents the stage the contract is in at a given time, in the contract lifecycle. You can define any number of statuses to represent the contract lifecycle. For example, Initial Draft, Send for Approval, Approved, Send to Customer, Signed by Customer and Executed.
A contract status is used to define a workflow action and is displayed as a clickable button on the Contract Editor. A workflow action is complete when the contract has moved from its start status to end status.
A Status must belong to a Status Category. If a Status Category does not exist for the Status you want to create, Add a New Status Category.
Click Contracts > Status to view a list of existing statutes. You can perform these actions on this page:
- Search: Enter a search key in the Search field to search for a status. CLM displays results matching your search key.
- Sort: Click Sort to order the statuses alphabetically in an ascending or descending order. Click Save to save your preference.
- Create: Click Create to add a new status. See Create New Status for details.
- Edit: Click Edit to edit a status.
- Delete: Click Delete to delete a status. You cannot delete a status if it is used in a Contract Type.