PREVIOUS | NEXT
Creating Web Intelligence Reports
For BusinessObjects documentation related to creating Web Intelligence reports, see the following:
- InfoView Online Help, "Creating Web Intelligence Documents"
- Building Reports Using the Java Report Panel (xi3_web_intelligence_java_report_panel_en.pdf)
- Performing On-Report Analysis with Web Intelligence (xi3_web_intelligence_on_report_analysis_en.pdf)
- Building Queries with Web Intelligence Query - HTML (xi3_web_intelligence_query_html_en.pdf)
- Building Reports Using the Web Intelligence HTML Report Panel (xi3_web_intelligence_html_report_panel_en.pdf)
- The web reports are now in more interactive mode. With this user can customize data accordingly.
- Reports are displayed in a separate window and all reports are simpler with lesser input parameters.
- Integrated Extract Transform and Load (ETL) process and Report Generation as part of the calculation.
- It runs analytics ETL process and Report Generation with update parameters including
- custom reports from Calculation workspace. Etl(s) are run for period(s) the user wants to run the reports for.
- In pipeline wizard, reports can now be published in pdf, xls and rpt format.
- Calculation wizard allows the user to select the list of reports and report groups for generation.
BusinessObjects documents can be downloaded from http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/.
To create a Web Intelligence report:
- Select Reporting & Analytics from the Portal Navigation menu,
- Click New > Web Intelligence Document on the InfoView toolbar. You can access imported Web Intelligence reports from InfoView > Document List > Public Folders > Compensation Analytics and Bonus Analytics. For details on importing Web Intelligence reports, see the Using BusinessObjects with Callidus Cloud Products technical note.
- Click the universe that you want to use to create the new report in the Universe Selection page. (If you have set a default universe in your Callidus Reporting & Analytics Personal Profile, the new Query Builder pane displays.)
- Add the measure objects. For example, in the Java Report Panel, you can double-click a measure object in the left pane, and it is added to the Result Objects pane.
- Add the attribute objects to the Result Objects pane.
- Add any condition objects or click and drag attribute objects to the Query Filters pane.
- Specify the operand and value if you use an attribute object as a query filter. For example, if you are querying for 2007 data, the query filter would be Year equal to 2007 (a constant value).
- Click Run Query to generate the report in the InfoView workspace. Callidus Reporting & Analytics displays the report. By default, the report is not formatted.
- Save the report (if desired) after the report runs,. This can be helpful if you want to change the formatting. Format the report. You can edit tables, add in charts, and so forth. See the BusinessObjects documentation for details.
- Click Save on the toolbar to save the report.
There are some display limitations for reports:
- If the text for an item in the legend for a pie chart is too long, it is truncated.
- If there are too many items in the legend for a pie chart, the bottom items are not displayed.
- Seeded Web Intelligence reports are also available for reference and implementation.
Note: Organizational tree top node should have a payee assigned in order for web intelligence reports to work correctly.
Webi Implementation from Commissions.
If a Webi report has to be run from TrueComp UI, permission for Analytics View needs to be set as follows:
- Login to BO CMC as "Administrator".
- Go to "Access Levels"
- Double click on "Analytics View"
- Click on "Included Rights"
- Click on "Add/Remove Rights"
- "Add Objects to the folder" property needs to be set.
Note: This is a one-time step for the BO Server. It is not a tenant-specific.