Territory and Quota for End Users » My T&Q - Territory Program Details
PREVIOUS | NEXT
My T&Q - Territory Program Details
When you log into Territory and Quota, the My T&Q > My Territories page appears, listing all the active Territory Programs that are assigned to you. Most recent territory programs are displayed on top of the list.
Click on a Territory Program to open the program to review your territories, quotas, and targets. T&Q displays information relevant to your role.
T&Q for Sales Managers
In the My Territories page, when you click on a program, T&Q displays a tree view of your territories and sub-territories, enabling you to browse territory details, alignments, allocations, rules, history, and more.
Note: The user interface available to you (Sales Managers) is similar to the user interface available to Administrators, however, you can perform only those actions to which you have permissions.
You can view and access the following details and options:
- Territory Tree tab: This page provides a preview of the territory tree and is the default entry point into a Territory Program for Sales Managers. The root of the tree is your Territory. You can expand the tree to view all the subordinate territories.
- Details tab: Enables you access details relevant to the territory, including default alignment rules that are used to automatically assign accounts to the territory. You can access this information for your territory as well as the subordinate territories. You can update the custom fields as required. See also: Optimize Territory Models/Scenarios and Manage Territory Versions.
- Team tab: Enables you to view all participants associated with your territory and any subordinate territories (including overlays). You can change ownership for subordinate territories, adjust split % values, and save changes as a new version if required.
- Alignments tab: Enables you to view details of all accounts, products, and geographies assigned to your territory and any subordinate territories. You can allocate any alignments you own to subordinate territories using the Add or Transfer options. You can view AI-recommended territory alignments in the Territory Balancing workspace.
- Quotas tab: Provides a quick overview of assigned quotas for your territory and any subordinate territories. Click the Allocation link to access the quota allocation workspace.
- History tab: Enables you to view an audit trail of all the events impacting your territory or any subordinate territories. The History tab displays the event details which may also include information about alignment changes, quota changes, and team changes.
See Territory Tree Tab for more details.
You can perform the following actions on territories for which you are assigned the position and have the required permissions:
|Visualization Parameters ||
Enables you to configure the quota rounding rules and to determine the territory to which the remainder values will be allocated.
You can enter the desired rounding level, such as 10, 100, 1,000, 10,000, and so on that will be used to manage the granularity of the quota assignments and allocations. When there are remainders as a result of the rounding and the desire for a zero sum gain as part of the adjustments, there is an automatic allocation to one of the territories. You can also change the period details.
|Comments||Displays existing comments and enables you to add new comments. |
|Quota Breakdown||Opens the Quota Breakdown for Territory workspace and allows you to break down the quota over the period. This option is available for dimensions that have been checked on the territory program (account, product, or sub-period), enabling you to break down the quota for any given territory across these various dimensions.|
|Show/Hide Chart||Enables you to display or hide the program chart section.|
This option is available for roll-up territories and top-down territories. It provides the manager with convenient algorithms for assigning quotas: evenly, by historical performance, or by opportunity pipeline (or a combination of all of the above).
Distribution methods enable you to define quota allocation:
- Evenly: Distributes the quota amount evenly over all territories.
- Historical Fair Share: Calculates the quota values based on the accounts, products, and geographies associated with each territory. For calculating the quota, the historic value is pulled from historical data workspace with account and product combination for the respective periods.
- Opportunity Fair Share: Calculates the quota values based on the accounts, products, and geographies associated with each territory. For calculating the quota, the opportunity value is pulled from CRM opportunities workspace with account and product combination for the respective periods.
- Weighted Fair Share: Enables you to define a combination of distribution methods by assigning percentages to each method. The combination of percentage values must equal 100%.
|Actions (available in the Allocate Sub-Territory Targets section)||
Based on the type of program and status, appropriate actions are displayed:
- Edit: Enables you to add and remove accounts, products, and geographies. You can also transfer accounts to different territories.
- Comments: Add a comment to the sub-territory.
- Distribute: Initiates the distribution workflow for the given territory.
- Quota Breakdown: Opens the Quota Distribution for Territory workspace.
In top-down programs, pending quotas are reset to current values. In Bottom-Up programs, pending quotas are reset to current values or can also be reset to calculated values using the Reset to System Calculated Value option.
Opens the Quota Distribution for Territory page where you can distribute the quota amount over the period. You can also manually distribute the quota amounts. As you enter amounts into periods, the value in the Unallocated Quota field is updated.
In the Allocation page:
- Top-Down: Select from the available distribution methods, for example, Evenly, Historic, Opportunity and Weighted. Distribution is performed based on the method selected.
- Bottom-Up: Bottom-up will not have any of the top-down methods and it will be based on the change in Growth Rate and Attrition Relief parameters. If Auto Roll up is enabled, the quota values will be rolled up to the root level.
Quota Distribution for Territory
Distributes the quota according to the Distribution Method option selected on the territory program. For example, if the distribution method is set to Evenly, the quota amount will distribute evenly over the Period Quota row on the form. You can then manually allocate amounts to individual products.
|Map App||Opens the Map App. The mapping feature displays a detailed list of all territories, accounts, and geographies, that is visible on the map.|
T&Q for Sales Representatives
In the My Territories page, when you click on a program, T&Q displays your leaf territories. All associated accounts, products, and geographies are listed. You can also view team information and the history of the details impacting your territory.
You can edit and perform the following actions on territories for which you are assigned the position and have the required permissions:
|Request Change ||
Enables you to submit a change request to make changes to the program. Request change is available only for Sales users
For Top Down program, Request change is available for all the levels (Roll-up and Rep-level(leaf)) but for the Bottom-Up program, this option is available only for Rep-level (Leaf territories)
When you submit a change request, status is changed to Adjust. Once a change request is sent, further actions are available only after the request has been processed.
Your program administrator can choose to override your request and complete the Quota assignment for the territory. In this case, status is changed to Completed - Override.
|Accept||Opens the Quota Breakdown for Territory page and enables you to break down the quota over the period. This option is available for dimensions that have been checked on the territory program (account, product, sub-period) enabling you to break down the quota for any given territory across these various dimensions.|
Note: Once a territory program is complete, you can no longer edit or perform actions on the program, however, you can add comments and distribute the quota amounts over the available periods.