PREVIOUS | NEXT
The Product object enables you to define a hierarchical Product catalog. Individual Products are grouped in a tree-based structure of Product categories and sub-categories with which you can organize your catalog into product groups and sub-groups, down to individual product items.
Territory and Quota also enables you to configure custom fields to capture data, such as part numbers and maximum discount percents.
Click Territory Admin > Products. Territory and Quota displays a list of all existing entities and the following options:
|Create a new entity.|
|Copy an entity.|
Upload a spreadsheet to add entity data. You cannot update information for existing entities using this feature.
Download a spreadsheet that contains data for all existing entities.
|Delete an entity.|
Download a template spreadsheet to populate data that you can later upload.
Click on a record to view details. You can also edit the details of a record, delete the record, or access record versions.
Create New Product
To create a new product, go to Territory Admin > Products:
- Click the Create icon on the Products panel header.
- Scroll to the bottom panel and provide the following details:
- Name: Enter the name of your product.
- Product ID: Enter a unique Product ID.
- Description: Enter a brief description of the entity.
- Cost: Enter the cost to produce the product.
- Price: Enter the selling price of the product.
- Business Units: Enter one or more relative business units. See Business Units for more information.
- Effective Start Date: Enter the effective start date for the record, or select from the date picker.
- Effective End Date: Enter the effective end date for the record, or select from the date picker.
3. Save your new product. Once you save your new product, you cannot change the effective date values.
Territory and Quota allows you to create multiple versions of a record so you can manage various changes over time. Each version can contain distinct information that is valid for the record at different points in time. Depending on the view date you select within the application, we display the appropriate record version.
Effective dates indicate when a record becomes available in the application and the period of time for which the version is valid or effective. Effective dates appear at the bottom of the Details view on a record.
Versioning is available for these types of records:
- Account Classifier Hierarchies
- Territory Programs
- Manage Versions
The Manage Versions feature enables you to switch between different versions so you can view or change information. To view, add, delete, or edit a version, click the Manage Versions icon on the header of the Details panel.
Use the New Version icon to create a new version. If you create a version that overlaps all or part of an existing version or versions, or if you remove a middle version, the remaining versions are automatically adjusted to support a continuous representation of the object over time.
Use the Delete Version icon to remove the selected version.