PREVIOUS | NEXT
Case Creation Widgets
Workflow enables you to create case creation widgets that you can embed on your website, enabling your users to create new cases. When non-registered Workflow users create a case with the widget, they will be able to view the cases they create and perform limited actions based on your workflow configurations and permission settings.
To access the workspace, go to Setup > Fields & Forms > Case Creation Widgets.
Create New Case Creation Widget
[Back to top]
To create a new case creation widget, go to Setup > Fields & Forms > Case Creation Widgets and:
- Select the Widget Setup Wizard link. Workflow opens the Form Designer where you can configure the page layout for your widget.
- Configure your page layout. See Form Designer for more information.
- Click Next to advance the wizard.
- Configure the settings in the following sections:
- Basic Settings: Complete these required fields:
- Name: Enter a name.
- Associated Workflow: Select a workflow.
- Initial Case Status: Select the workflow status that the case will be placed in upon creation.
- Advanced Settings: You can leave the following fields blank to enable users to select the values, or you can populate them with default values and we will not include them on the public case creation page layout:
- Default Project
- Default Priority
- Default Assignee
- Default Case Name
We also provide these additional parameters:
- Thank You Message: Enter a message that will display to end users when they submit a case using the widget.
- Display 'Send To' Container: Enable to display the container.
- Background Color: Enter the color name or hex code equivalent for the background color.
- Hide 'Submit New' button: Enable to hide the button.
- Display Case Link after Submit: When enabled, we display a link to the case to the user.
- Widget Width: Enter the width in pixels of the widget as it will appear on your page.
- Widget Height: Enter the height in pixels of the widget as it will appear on your page.
- I don't want to use receiver.htm: Select this option if you won't be using the file. You can retrieve the file by right-clicking the click here link in the instructional text at the top of the section. You must then select Save As to download the file.
- Notifications: See Notifications for more information on configuring notification settings.
- Click Next to advance the wizard. Workflow displays two blocks of HTML code. You need to include the first block of code in the Head section of your web page where the widget will appear. Then, you need to enter the second block of code in the position on your web page where you want the widget to appear.
- Select OK to close the window and return to the Case Creation Widgets workspace.
We also allow you to configure the following settings after you've already created the widget. Select the Edit action on the Case Creation Widget to access these settings:
Manage Case Creation Widgets
[Back to top]
When you open the Case Creation Widgets workspace, we display a list of existing case creation widgets. You can enter a keyword to search for a specific widget, or you can filter by these fields:
We also provide a Look Up field that you can use to find a public case creation object, based on the URL you provide. This is a convenient way for you to look up an instance when you don't know the name or when it's among a lengthy list of objects. Enter the URL in the Look Up field and click the button. Workflow opens the related public case creation object in edit mode.
Workflow enables you to perform these actions: