PREVIOUS | NEXT
Case Visibility Permissions
Workflow enables you to allow or restrict which end users are able to see cases, in all areas of the application, based on the workflow selected. We enable you to create rules that determine which cases in a workflow will be visible to which users and permission groups, and the execution priority of the rule among other rules. Rules with the lowest priority value are applied first.
We also enable you to edit or delete multiple rules simultaneously.
To access the Case Visibility Permissions workspace, go to Setup > Processes > Case Visibility Permissions.
Manage Case Visibility Permissions
[Back to top]
When you open the Case Visibility Permissions workspace, Workflow displays a list of existing workflows in the tenant.
You can perform a simple search for a workflow by entering a keyword in the Search field, or filter for a workflow using the advanced search options. You can also sort the list by clicking the table heading, or the sort icon next to the heading. You can change the number of results that display on the page by changing the value in the Results list that displays under the list of existing case visibility permissions.
Important: If you don't configure case visibility permission rules on a workflow, all cases will be visible to all users by default. Also, if you configure a case visibility permission rule for a permission group, that rule will apply to all users that belong to that permission group. Users who don't belong to a permission rule will see all workflows.
New Case Visibility Permissions
[Back to top]
To create a new case visibility permission rule:
- Go to Setup > Processes > Case Visibility Permissions and click the New Case Visibility Permissions link.
- You can hover over theInformation icon next to values in the Permission Groups and Cases are Visible to fields to display additional information about the value.
- Select one or more values from the following fields using your Shift or Ctrl keys if necessary. These fields are required:
- Workflow: Select the workflow(s) the rule will apply to.
- Permission Groups: Select the permission group(s) that the rule will apply to.
- Cases are Visible to: Select who will be able to see the cases from the permission group(s) you selected. You can only select one value in this field.
- Assign a priority for the rule in the Priority Order field using a number value. The lowest numbers will execute first.
- Click Add to save the new rule.
Workflow adds an individual line to the list of existing rules for each Workflow and Permission Group combination you created above. So if you select two workflows and two permission groups, Workflow will add four new rules to the list of existing rules.
Update Case Visibility Permissions
[Back to top]
To update a visibility permission rule:
- Select one or more rules from the list of existing visibility rules in the Case Visibility Permissions workspace. Use the checkboxes to select the rules. Select the checkbox next to the Workflow table header to select all rules in the list.
- Update these form fields:
- Choose which cases will be visible: Select from the list of these available options:
- All Users
- Case Assigned
- Users from Assignee's Department
- Users from Case Creator's Department
- Case Creator
- Case Creator or Assignee
- Case Owner
- Case Referrer
- Priority Order: Enter the priority of the rule where the lowest numbers execute first. Workflow first checks if a user belongs to the rule with the smallest priority. When true, the user will see cases according to that rule. If the user doesn't belong to the permission group, then we check the rule with the next higher priority.
- Click Update to save your settings, or Delete to remove the selected rules.