Administrators » Form Designer » Custom Tab
PREVIOUS | NEXT
The Custom tab displays a list of all custom fields that you can add to the page layout.
You can search for custom fields by name, field type, or both:
- To search for a specific field type, select a type from the Field Type list and click Search.
- To search by field name, type the full or partial name in the search box and click Search.
- To further narrow your search, use both Field Type and name.
To create a new custom field, click the Add New link. For more information, see Create New Custom Field.
Add Field to Page Layout
[Back to top]
You add the Custom and Standard fields to a page layout in the same way.
To add a field to a page layout:
- Drag and drop the field into the desired location on the page layout. You can add the field directly on the page, or you can place it inside one of the following components:
- Tab Container
- Optionally, rearrange the fields by dragging and dropping them to a new location.
- Click the Save button below the Tab section of the Form Designer, or below the Page Layout section to save your changes.
Edit Field on Page Layout
[Back to top]
When editing a Standard field, you can edit only the following settings:
To edit a field:
- Click the icon in the field header.
- Configure the following settings on the Basic tab:
Required: Enable to make this field required.
Hidden: Hides the field.
Read Only: Prevents users from changing the value.
Custom Label: Enter a label that will display in place of the custom field name.
: Enter a brief tooltip or a dictionary key that will display when a user hovers over the field. If using a dictionary key, you must enter it exactly as it appears in the dictionary. For example, custom.key.my_field.tooltip
. For more information, see Dictionary
Tab Order: This value establishes the order in which the button becomes the active element when someone uses their Tab key to navigate the page.
- Select the Edit custom_field_name link to edit the basic field properties. See Create New Custom Field for more information.
- Select the New Script link to open the Script Editor where you can create a script that will execute when the field is updated.
- Configure the style attributes on the Label Style Attributes and Value Style Attributes tabs. The settings are the same on both tabs, with one difference. Label Attributes will apply to the field label and the cell that surrounds it. Value Attribute settings will apply to the input field and the cell that surrounds it. See the following links for more details on attribute settings: Basic Settings, Border Attributes, and Font Attributes.
We also provide this additional attribute on both tabs:
- Input Field Width: Enter a value for the width of the input field in px, em, or pt units. This is the width of the field in which users will input data
In the Custom Tab
, you can edit the height of the input field of the following field types: Large Text,
Long Text Hidden, and Rich Text Editor.
- Input Field Height: Enter a value for the height of the input field in px, em, or pt units.This is the height of the field in which users will input data.
Click the Edit icon to view 'Height' attribute in Value Style Attributes.
- Open the Visibility Permissions tab to select users and permission groups that will see this field.
- Click Save to apply your settings.