PREVIOUS | NEXT
Custom Table Indexes
Workflow supports indexing to improve the response time of queries on custom tables with large amounts of data, or when multiple tables are joined together in a query. You can create indexes for tables in the Custom Tables workspace on columns that you often use in SQL queries.
Indexing can enforce a unique constraint on the column, ensuring duplicate data cannot be added or updated in the column. We display an error message when a user or script attempts to add a duplicate value to a column marked unique. When you create a unique constraint on a column with duplicate values, we also display an error.
We impose the following constraints for indexing:
- You can apply indexing on up to three columns for any custom table.
- Indexed columns must contain less than 1,000 characters.
To access the Custom Tables workspace, go to Setup > Development > Custom Tables.
Add Index to Custom Table
[Back to top]
To add a new Index to an existing custom table:
- Select Indexes from the Actions button for the desired custom table.
- Click Add Index.
- Select one of the columns from your table to which you want to add an index.
- Select the Unique option to restrict users from entering duplicate data in the column.
- Click Submit to finish adding the index.
Workflow adds the new index to the list of existing indexes, if any. We display these details on the list:
- Name of column being indexed
- Unique option setting
- Index name
- User who created the index
- Date and time the index was created
You can delete an index by clicking Delete Index on the available actions menu. You cannot edit an existing index.