Administrators » Administration Menu » Data Exporter
PREVIOUS | NEXT
The Data Exporter tool enables you to export case data and custom table data for additional reporting or processing in external systems. The export is scheduled to send data to an FTP site on a daily basis and includes only those cases that were updated in the last 24 hours.
Note: Contact Workflow Support to set up and execute data exports.
Select Custom Fields to Export
Use the Data Explorer workspace to select which custom fields must be exported:
- Go to Setup > Administration > Data Explorer.
- The Available Fields section lists all the custom fields defined in your tenant that you can export. To select the fields for export:
- In the Available Fields section, click on a field to select a field to export. Selected fields are displayed in the Exporting Fields section.
- Click Save.
When case data is exported, three separate CSV files are generated:
- case_data.csv – Includes all standard case fields such as Case Assignee, Case Creator, Status, Created Date, etc. for the cases being exported.
- cf.csv – Includes all custom field values for the cases being exported. Up to 100 custom fields can be included in the export.
- cases_history.csv – Includes the case history records for the cases being exported.
Select Custom Table Data to Export
Custom table data can be exported via a specified query, which is executed daily.
The data is sent in a CSV file to the specified FTP site and saved in Local File Management
. You can specify the FTP site to which the files must be sent. Supported protocols include FTP, FTPS, and SFTP.
View Export History
Go to Setup > Administration > Data Exporter > History to view a summary of the last 10 exports.
The History page shows the date and time of the last 10 exports along with the generated files. This page also shows additional information about the export process such as the scheduled time and whether it is enabled.