Administrators » Fields & Forms Menu » Custom Fields » Custom Field Types » Numeric Input
PREVIOUS | NEXT
Numeric Input fields include the following field types:
Create New Numeric Input Field
[Back to top]
- Go to Setup > Fields & Forms > Custom Fields.
- Click the New Custom Field link.
- Complete the following fields on the Basic tab:
Name: Enter a name.
: A unique identifier, automatically generated when you name an object. You can use this identifier to reference an object in scripts, templates, tags, and through the API. You can change the System ID by selecting the pencil icon. Use caution when changing the ID as it can affect existing scripts associated with the object. For more information, see System ID
: Assign a custom label to display everywhere the field is used. You can override the label later using the Form Designer
In the Field Type list, select one of the following:
Optionally, do any of the following:
Select Workflows Where You Want To Add Field: Select one or more workflows to which to add the field.
The field will be added to the Create Case action and all Edit and View actions that use the default settings in the selected workflows. If you do not select any workflows, you will need to add the field to individual workflow actions.
Should Field Be Required: Select the Yes checkbox to make the field required in the assigned workflow.
Read Permissions and Write Permission tabs: Configure read and write user permissions.
Read permissions determine whether the field is visible on forms, case lists, and the Find Cases workspace.
Users without the Write permission will be able to see the field value, but not edit it.
For more information, see Add Permission Group and Custom Field Permissions.
- Advanced tab:
Maximum: Does not apply to Currency fields. Enter the maximum value that can users can enter in this field.
Minimum: Does not apply to Currency fields. Enter the minimum number of characters that users can enter in this field.
- Default Value: Specify the default value to display in the field. If you do not specify a value, the field will be display blank.
- Field contains personal data: Applies only to the Number field. Select this checkbox if the field contains personal data. The System Auditing log tracks all changes to personal data. For more information about personal data, see Personal Data in Custom Fields. For more information about the System Auditing log, see System Auditing.
Description: Add a brief description. This is used as an internal note for administrators.
Scale: Does not apply to the Percent and Number fields. Set the number of decimal places to display. Must not exceed 8 places. Users will be able to enter more decimal places, but only the number of decimal places you specify will be displayed.
- Number Format: Does not apply to Number fields. Select a format from the list. If a number format is specified in User Settings, that value will be used.
Display this field in:
When selected, the field will be available for adding to Case Tables and in the Find Cases workspace. By default, these options are selected.
- Click Add.