Developers » Exception Handling Settings » Exception Handler Workflow
PREVIOUS | NEXT
Exception Handler Workflow
Exception Handling script types create cases in the Exception Handler workflow. Administrators with permissions can configure Workflow Action Settings for the Exception Handler case.
Note: The Exception Handler workflow restricts general users from creating Exception Handler cases by default. You cannot delete this workflow.
We display Exception Handler cases on these pages for end users:
Default Exception Handler Workflow Configuration
[Back to top]
Every tenant delivers with the following default configurations for the Exception Handler workflow.
We provide these workflow details:
- Name: Exception Handler
- Unique Key: EXCH
We provide these default statuses:
- Unresolved: When a case is created, it is placed in this status.
- Resolved: When the exception resolves, the case moves to this status. As with all workflow actions, you can configure additional actions that will progress the case to the Resolved status.
We provide these details in the Exception Details panel on the case:
- Case Name: Displays the name of the case.
- Status: By default, the first status is Unresolved.
- Priority: The default priority is assigned.
- Narrative: Describes the failed objects.
- Assigned to: Lists all users assigned to the case.
- Case Updated: Displays the date and time the case was last updated, and by whom.
- Case Created: Displays the date and time the case was created, and by whom.
- Case which produced the exception
- User who triggered the script
- Script which produced the exception
- Action which produced the exception
- Action which produced the exception - Edit Link: Displays the URL to the action that produced the exception.
- Scripts: Click theExpand icon to display the following script types and their system IDs:
- Retry script
- Skip script
- Process fail script
We provide these details in the table in the Exceptions panel on the case:
- Key: This is the unique key for the related object.
- Exception Message: Displays the message associated with the exception.
- Description: Displays the description of the exception. You can edit this description within the exception handling script.
- Exception Stack Trace: You can use these details to trace the activity that caused the exception. Expand the field to expose additional details.
- Severity: Returns the severity of the exception.
We provide these actions types in the Actions panel on the case by default:
- Add Comment
- Assign Back to Others: Assigns the case to the Exception Handling assignment group.
- Assign to Me
- Attach File
- Continue - Skip: This action uses the Exception Handling - Continue - Skip script.
- Mark as Failed: This action uses the Exception Handling - Process Failed script.
- Retry: This action uses the Exception Handling - Retry script.
We also provide a link to the case in which the exception occurred in the Related Cases panel on the case.
When a case is created, it starts in the Unresolved status and is assigned to the Exception Handling assignment group. To change the default assignment group, go to Setup > Development > Exception Handling Settings, and enter the system ID for the assignment group you want in the Assignment Group's System ID parameter. You can find the system ID for another assignment group by going to Setup > Users > Assignment Groups and selecting Edit.
The following image illustrates the default View Case page layout for an Exception Handler case, where you will see the details described above.